Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Name

As this is my first blog, the name seems vital to me. I thought about my personality, obviously the personality that exists in the most ideal circumstances. A few titles came to me, but they were either too artsy, boring, or cliche. Being unoriginal, and not falling into stereotypes is important to me, which may in fact lead to unoriginality, which means I'm basically screwed in coming up with a name. By the good graces in my life though, I had a distraction that inspired me.

Laundry had to be changed from washer to dryer despite my desire to not move until I came up with a name. As I was walking out of my apartment, I see one of my roommates sitting on the sofa, enjoying a morning show. Upon a second glance though, my inner heart full of sarcasm burst with joy as my steady gaze fell upon his woeful sweater. Because he knows me, and registers the smile creeping up on my face, he braces himself and tries to beat me to my comment. As a practiced individual though, I have the quicker draw.

Upon returning to the computer, the name materialized. Comedic relief always does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment